Thursday, October 23, 2014

Contacting me: Address and emergencies

Wanna send me a package? Or better yet, a letter?

Here's what ya gotta do.

If you want to send me anything, please email me, contact me on Facebook, or ask my parents. I know, sorry for not writing my address. This is a public blog after all, and our Safety and Security manager, Goce, would criticize me for not being vigilant...but I'll give it out privately.

Packages
       It's very important that you don't claim a lot of value if you send a package (it's expensive,  to send, so just be warned), please DON'T put any more than $15-$20.  The customs fees for me are so expensive if it's more.  If you do send new items, just make sure to take the tags off of them and claim them as old items.  So there you have it. I don't know how people get mail in my tiny village of PershevcĂ« as there aren't street signs or house numbers.  I think the town is just small enough that the mailman knows where everyone lives, but I'm not quite sure.

Other ways to contact me include Facebook, iMessage, Whatsapp, Viber, and email. I'm pretty connected to the internet here--which is both good and bad. If you would like my phone numbers or email or anything, please find me on Facebook and private message me. My iMessage and Whatsapp are the same number as before, my Viber is my Macedonian number (this number can also be given out privately, if you so desire it).

Emergency
This next part is mainly for family, but in case of an emergency: 

Peace Corps headquarters toll-free number: 855-855-1961

Press 1 for <Counseling and Outreach Unit> 
(family emergencies; to get information to a volunteer overseas.) Available 24 hours
Extension number: 1470
(Direct phone number: 202-692-1470)

The people at this number will get any information you need to relay to me to the people who need to know, who will then be able to contact me/get me home if need be.  Even if you've contacted me through a different medium, this is still a good number to have.




No comments:

Post a Comment